Below are a selection of topical Bidding Prayers that are made available FREE each Thursday by 5 p.m. for use that weekend. N.B. The more general prayers for the Church and the World, which are linked with the Sunday Readings, are provided in our publications The Living Word and Common Worship Living Word. If you would like us to send you a free sample copy of either of these publications please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01420 88222.
Have you seen Sunday Plus? Free month's trial available for your parish!
Sunday Plus is a bright and upbeat weekly bulletin for today’s Catholic. Covering a multitude of topics, Plus helps readers engage their faith with the often challenging reality of day-to-day life.
If you would like a free month's trial of this, or any of our other parish bulletins, without any further obligation, you just have to ask and as long as we have sufficient stocks, we will provide you with copies immediately. Let us know how many copies you require each week, your parish name and delivery address and we will send you enough to cover a full month in your parish absolutely free.
Click the buttons below for details of our other parish bulletins!
Sunday 22nd January 2017
Father in heaven, your Son Jesus called Peter, Andrew, James and John to follow him as he carried your message of love to the people of his time and beyond. We come before you, confident that you hear even our unspoken prayers and will lovingly respond to our requests.
• Lord, we pray for Pope Francis, that he will have the health and strength that he needs for him to be an effective leader for the people of our time. Lord, hear us
• During this week of prayer for Christian Unity, we pray that Christians across the world might be eager and willing to take the Gospel message of love to the ends of the earth. Lord, hear us
• At the start of a new Presidential term of office, we pray that the Holy Spirit will guide the Government and people of the United States towards a future of hope, dignity and cooperation. Lord, hear us
• We pray for all those who have been affected by recent industrial action, that all parties might listen to each other and work for just and meaningful solutions to their difficulties. Lord, hear us
• We pray for the people of the United Kingdom and of the wider global community that this period of planning for Brexit will be a time of listening, understanding and cooperation. Lord, hear us
Lord God, we place our prayers in your loving hands in the name of your Son and the Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you for ever and ever. Amen.