Below are a selection of topical Bidding Prayers that are made available FREE each Thursday by 5 p.m. for use that weekend. N.B. The more general prayers for the Church and the World, which are linked with the Sunday Readings, are provided in our publications The Living Word and Common Worship Living Word. If you would like us to send you a free sample copy of either of these publications please email email@example.com or call us on 01420 88222.
Have you seen Sunday Plus? Free month's trial available for your parish!
Sunday Plus is a bright and upbeat weekly bulletin for today’s Catholic. Covering a multitude of topics, Plus helps readers engage their faith with the often challenging reality of day-to-day life.
If you would like a free month's trial of this, or any of our other parish bulletins, without any further obligation, you just have to ask and as long as we have sufficient stocks, we will provide you with copies immediately. Let us know how many copies you require each week, your parish name and delivery address and we will send you enough to cover a full month in your parish absolutely free.
Click the buttons below for details of our other parish bulletins!
Sunday 4th December 2016
Lord of hope, John the Baptist described himself as “a voice crying in the wilderness”. During this Advent season, we come before you, confident that you hear even our unspoken prayers.
• Let us pray for Pope Francis, that he and all religious leaders might be candles of light and hope in a world which is longing for warmth and understanding. Lord, hear us
• Let us pray that, especially during this Advent season, people will hear Pope Francis’ constant calls for them to notice and care for those who are poor, suffering and marginalised. Lord, hear us
• Let us pray for the civilians trapped and suffering as a result of conflict in the Middle East. May just solutions be found; gunfire and bombing come to an end and people live in security and peace. Lord, hear us
• Let us pray for all those who lost their lives in the plane crash in Brazil, that they might have eternal rest. May their families, friends and colleagues, the survivors and everyone who feels touched by the tragedy find the comfort and support that they need. Lord, hear us
• Let us pray for families and schools preparing for Christmas, that, in the excitement, they might not lose sight of the real meaning of Christmas. Lord, hear us
Loving Lord, we offer you our prayers in the name of your Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit of peace and love. Amen.
Click here to download the Bidding Prayers in PDF format